Notice The ZLA Forums are discontinued and kept in a locked state for archival purposes. New accounts, posts, and replies cannot be created, but you may sign into your existing account if you wish.
flagsfly

How far in advance for training session request?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:03 am

Hi!
I passed my Basic and DEL written and am ready to take my checkout. I'm wondering how far in advance do I have to request the session generally and is there something other than requesting I should do?
Thanks!

Ethan Bernstein
Retired ATM - FAB Member

Re: How far in advance for training session request?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:53 pm

We recommend students put in as much available time as they can. It makes it easier on the training staff to have some time flexibility, rather than a one hour block each night. This will, in turn, make you more likely to receive a training offer more quickly. Also, if you know your schedule for the next couple of weeks, go ahead and put it all in, makes life easier for everyone. Other than putting your times in, I would recommend reviewing the general ground/delivery procedures and the LOA's with our neighboring ARTCC's. The more you study before your session, the more productive it will be, and the faster you will progress through the training program. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]. Also, I'm sure any mentor/instructor would be more than willing to help you out further if you catch them on teamspeak.

Hope this helps.
Ethan Bernstein
Air Traffic Manager

Return to “Ask ZLA (In memoriam: Don Fiveash, Bob Ackerman, Dominic Durden, Tyler Goeggel, Gerry Hattendorf)”