Notice The ZLA Forums are discontinued and kept in a locked state for archival purposes. New accounts, posts, and replies cannot be created, but you may sign into your existing account if you wish.
Justin Shannon

Routing to KSFO

Sun May 20, 2012 7:14 pm

I have a question regarding the routing from KLAX to KSFO...

In the LOA's, it doesn't state that the J501 is required in the routing. So my question is, is VTU5 RZS BSR BSR2 acceptable? Or is the J501 absolutely required?
Justin Shannon (JS)

John White
FAB Member
VATSIM CID: 1184778

Re: Routing to KSFO

Thu May 24, 2012 9:26 am

This is probably one of the few times that an amendment is not required and VTU5 RZS BSR BSR2 would be acceptable.

1. From RZS to BSR, it is in fact a direct route. There is no course change (i.e. a straight line).
2. While the J501 does have a couple of additional waypoints, they have no bearing on the departure or the arrival.

So.....

VTU5 RZS BSR BSR2 is an acceptable flight plan; however, an attempt should always be made to include the J501 in case of a need for a hold or an altitude restriction becomes necessary due to traffic saturation or other factors.

Regards,
-John
John White
ZLA_JW

Controller: AF123, say call sign of your wingman.
Pilot: Uh... approach, we're a single ship.
Controller: oooohhh! You have traffic!

Return to “Ask ZLA (In memoriam: Don Fiveash, Bob Ackerman, Dominic Durden, Tyler Goeggel, Gerry Hattendorf)”