Notice The ZLA Forums are discontinued and kept in a locked state for archival purposes. New accounts, posts, and replies cannot be created, but you may sign into your existing account if you wish.
Andy Cleeremans
FAB Member

Off-Topic Posting Guidelines PLEASE READ!

Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:56 pm

Alright everybody, the recent history of this forum has been marred by personal attacks, illegal activities, and other topics of a divisive nature. In order to prevent this from continuing, and wearing on everybody's morale, we are going to institute a few ground rules with respect to what is posted here.

The following are NOT ACCEPTABLE topics:

1.) Political / partisan / religious posts
-- Quite honestly people, this is an "off topic" forum, but I'm sure most of you grew up hearing "the only things you don't discuss with friends are religion and politics" the reason being that it always erupts into a war of words, and without exception leads to personal attacks (read any of the examples here for evidence). You want to discuss politics? Start a BLOG or go find a politics forum.

2.) Any posts regarding illegal activities
-- This includes, but is not limited to illegal MP3 information, movie and software piracy. This is common sense people, we don't need that here for reasons I don't need to specify.

3.) Personal Attacks
-- I want to make this one very clear. Joking around with people is PERFECTLY acceptable, and I would never remove that, as I'm a big contributor. But when you start verbally attacking someone, I will take a look and decide if it's crossed the line. Verbally attacking anyone for any reason is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

That being said, I am a firm believer in letting people express themselves when it doesn't get nasty and personal. I'm not saying you can't jokingly call each other tards or things of that nature. But when I see people saying "you're so incredibly stupid I don't know how you came to that conclusion" I have to draw the line. I will be using the delete and lock functions SPARINGLY and only when absolutely necessary to ensure the adherence to these guidelines.

Let's remember we're all here to have fun, and yes.. you're all pretty.
Andy Cleeremans
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired

Return to “Off-Topic Forum”