Notice The ZLA Forums are discontinued and kept in a locked state for archival purposes. New accounts, posts, and replies cannot be created, but you may sign into your existing account if you wish.
Christopher Kahl

Help My Girl Scout (No Money Required!)

Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Greetings! To all of those who don't know me... I'm a controller with ZAB here on VATSIM and have been controlling on the network for 9 years. I checked the Off Topic rules and this post doesn't seem to violate any of them, so here goes:

I'm sure some of you are fans of girl scout cookies. Well, I have a little Brownie on her third year with the Girl Scouts. This year, her goal is 2000 boxes, and she is donating 70% of her share of the cookie money to buy food for the local food bank. We're buying the food ourselves and delivering it to the food bank, that way none of the money goes to "Administrative Costs."

She has already sold more than 1350 boxes this season. Now, we have less than one week to go. If you are interested in buying some cookies, the rules say the transaction must be made in person. This means that, if you are in northern Orange County (Irvine and north) you can send me a PM and I can deliver cookies to your home, work, or public place where we can meet, and you pay in person with cash (no checks or credit cards accepted, sorry.)

We have:
ThinMints - $4 a box
Samoas/Caramel deLites - $4 a box
Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs - $4 a box
Trefoils/Shortbread - $4 a box
Do-si-dos/Peanut Butter Sandwich - $4 a box
Lemonades - $4 a box
Thanks-A-Lot - $4 a box
Cranberry Citrus Crisps - $4 a box
Chocolate Chip Shortbread (Gluten Free) - $5 a package

More info on the different types of cookies can be found here: http://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_co ... ookies.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you would still like to help her, but don't want to purchase, there's a way to do that too! And you don't even need to be in OC! 104.3 MYfm is holding a contest.

MYfm wants to buy $5,000 of Girl Scout cookies from your troop & will donate them to the USO! All you need to do is visit https://www.facebook.com/1043myfm/app_249047715230237" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and vote from Troop #7999.

You can cast one vote per email address per day.

Troop #7999 is the troop number for the Orange County Independent Girl Scouts. Independent Girl Scouts don't actually have a troop; my wife and I do all the girl scout activities and lessons with our daughter, and she get's to use her cookie money for girl scout related things like Camp, the donation I mentioned above, educational trips to museums, etc. This year, there are approximately 50 girls selling cookies within the Independent Girl Scouts in OC, and the $5000 donation (1250 boxes) will be split equally among the girls.

Thanks, and don't forget to vote every day!

-Chris
Senior Controller
Albuquerque vARTCC
Former AT-CTI student @ Mt. SAC.

Christopher Kahl

Re: Help My Girl Scout (No Money Required!)

Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:55 am

As of right now, we're in 7th place. It would be great if we could get the weight of my neighbors in ZLA behind this.

All you need to do is:
Visit: https://www.facebook.com/1043myfm/app_249047715230237" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Put down your email address (or if you have multiple email addresses, rinse and repeat)
Select Troop #7999 from the drop down menu
Hit Submit.

It resets at midnight.

Thanks again!

-Chris
Senior Controller
Albuquerque vARTCC

Christopher Kahl

Re: Help My Girl Scout (No Money Required!)

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:18 am

4th place! Please keep voting. Voting ends at 4 pm on 3/13.

Thanks!
Senior Controller
Albuquerque vARTCC

Return to “Off-Topic Forum”