Daniel Everman
Training Administrator

The Winds of Change

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Gentlemen,

I don't really want to beat around the bush here, so I'll be up front with the purpose of this post. Lately, I've found myself with less free time between going to school and working full time, and increasingly I've found myself showing less enthusiasm for my staff position here. As such, I have made the decision to step down as TA, effective as soon as my replacement is selected and named. Whoever that individual may be, I can assure all of you that you're being left in good hands.

During my time as TA I feel like we've built a great community together and that this facility is in a better place than where it was when I took over. I hope that all of you reading this feel the same way as well, and I'd like to thank all of you for making this possible. I've met so many great faces through this network, many of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting for real over the past couple of years. I don't plan on being a stranger to any of you, and rest assured I'll still be around in TS and plug into positions on occasion. If I luck out I may even see some of you at the next ZLA Dinner or whatever live event/convention I'm able to make it out to.

To quote a wise bear, "it's been an absolute pleasure, gentlemen."

Also since I referenced it in the title here's the link you were going to go to anyway.
Daniel Everman
Former ZLA Training Administrator

Matthew Kramer
Deputy Air Traffic Manager
VATSIM CID: 845421

Re: The Winds of Change

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Daniel, I can not express how sincere my thanks to you for your absolute dedication to this facility, its staff, our training team, and VATSIM as a whole. Your wealth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and kinship will be greatly missed, and I wish you happiness and good fortune in all of your future endeavors. We owe you a great debt, and I am both confident and proud to say that under your leadership we have made some excellent controllers, and I have no doubt your efforts will continue to yield fantastic results for years to come.

On a personal note, I am very sad to see you go, but I understand completely how life twists and turns and we find ourselves in different places perhaps more quickly than even we realized.

To the staff and controllers of ZLA: know that Daniel has worked tirelessly over the last year and a half to make our hobby enjoyable, educational, and realistic. Though his efforts may have gone unseen, trust me when I say that from the new S1 and S2 students we have to the C1s who have been here for ages, Daniel has made a giant, positive impact on the way we operate with some "under the hood" improvements and tools that will continue to serve staff and controller here alike. We are excited for what the future brings.

And Daniel, I better see you at the dinner because I need to borrow your laptop....

Dory
VATSIM CID: 1419746

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:45 pm

:cry: :violin: :violin: :violin: (What Kramer said)

Joshua Borges
Staff Instructor

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:51 pm

Iced,

It's been an absolute pleasure serving under you - as an instructor. You have put more time and dedication into this ARTCC then most of us will in a lifetime.
Thank you for your chats, guidance, and mentorship. You truly have made vZLA great again.

JU
Josh "JU" Borges | ZLA Instructor

Rory Hennessy
Event Coordinator
VATSIM CID: 1299662

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:32 am

Daniel,

I want to personally thank you for all you have done at this facility and all you have personally taught me.
I thank you for being a mentor to me in the world of VATSIM and guiding me as I took over the position of EC. Your knowledge was and is very valuable and I think we can all agree that you have been an important part of everyone's progression here at ZLA.
Thanks for all the great memories!

Rory
Rory Hennessy
ZLA Event Coordinator

Troy Nakauchi
FAB Member

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:07 am

DE,

I watched you grow from a little S1 on sweatbox to full retirement. I call this a success.

Thanks for the SOPs :)

TN

P.S. No really though thanks

P.P.S. <3 SR
Troy Notgonnaworkhere

Super Retired

Enrico Noia
Mentor

Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:40 pm

DE,

Thank you very much for all you've done for the ARTCC and for all the hours you've spent training me.

Thank you

Enrico

Nick Saffari
VATSIM CID: 1423316

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:52 pm

It's been a pleasure ;)

Tim Roden
Webmaster
VATSIM CID: 1206494

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:25 pm

DE,

I cry every time

-Canada
ZLA's Resident Canadian™ :flags-canada:

Is this the workout room?

Nick Christopher
Air Traffic Manager

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:32 am

DE, your dedication and efforts don't go unnoticed around here. Anyone can see how much has improved since you took on this role.
Of course, we understand priorities and that change is required. There will be big shoes to fill. All the best moving forward.
Nick Christopher
ZLA Air Traffic Manager

avjayk

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:19 am

Daniel,

Thank you for all of your countless hours to help train me, and others. We'll look forward to continuing to see you on the scopes.
Jason Kaminsky (JI)

Sam Carman
FAB Member

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:29 pm

DE,

Thanks for your immense contribution throughout your tenure here, and I look forward to your continued participation in further shenanigans.
Sam Carman | ZLA Facility Advisor
"LA Center, smooth... through here."

Joshua Borges
Staff Instructor

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:43 pm

DE,

I cry every time

-Canada
This is how I feel right now....

I'll be right here waiting .....for DE

https://youtu.be/S_E2EHVxNAE
Josh "JU" Borges | ZLA Instructor

Chris Carstens
Facility Engineer
VATSIM CID: 935697

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Hey DE,

Enjoy your well-earned retirement! Your incredible amount of knowledge about ATC and ZLA has made a huge impact both on the development of the ARTCC and on my personal development as a controller. Your dedication to the ARTCC is unquestionable. Not only have you more than fulfilled your duties as TA by doing more training sessions than the rest of us combined, keeping training materials up to date, and creating many new sweatbox scenarios (I'm sure I'm leaving some things out), but you also "unofficially" took on the facility engineer and event coordinator responsibilities while those positions were unfilled. On top of that, you worked for many months to revise the SOPs for Metroplex and bring them more in line with real-world procedures. Your presence on the staff roster will be missed, but no one can blame you for wanting to scale down. It's always a pleasure controlling with you and I hope to see you around so I can keep picking your brain about the finer details of the 7110.65, handoff tables, minutiae, etc. 8)

CC
Chris Carstens
ZLA Facility Engineer

Justin Shannon

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 am

Thank you for your relentless dedication. You definitely made ZLA Great Again™.

Now go out and enjoy life!
Justin Shannon (JS)

Return to “ZLA Main Forum”