Ethan Bernstein
Staff Instructor

Stepping Down

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:20 am

All,

As you may have already gathered from the recent posting, I will be stepping down from the ATM position as soon as a replacement is selected and trained. Please know that this decision was extremely difficult to make, but the time to pass the torch is upon me. I love this community deeply, and plan to stay involved in whatever capacity my work schedule will allow. I am absolutely certain ZLA will be left in competent and caring hands.

I would like to thank each and every ZLA staff member, training staff member, controller, student, and outside advisor for all of the support you’ve given me over the past 3 years. It has been a wild ride, and I cannot thank you enough for standing by me and my vision for this facility. I am immensely proud of the things we have accomplished, and I truly do not have words to describe how grateful I am for the individuals in this community that made it all possible.

In the interest of keeping the length of this post reasonable, I'm going to spare the individual thank you notes. I'll catch up with everyone personally over the course of this transition period. That said, there is one guy that deserves some long-overdue recognition. He is from Canada, and his name is Tim.

Tim, I honestly don't know where to begin. As both a friend and a colleague, thank you for all you have done. The time you have given toward improving and maintaining this facility is truly unmatched. Your unwavering dedication to ensuring this community's success and excellence is evident in your every action. You have worn not one, but all of the hats there are to wear, and in each role you have performed to the highest standard. I truly could not have done this without you. It was honor to work with you, and I look forward to enjoying a double-triple-single-double together sometime in the near future.

It was my absolute pleasure to serve this community, and I look forward to seeing what the next leadership team has in store for us.
Ethan Bernstein
Air Traffic Manager

Daniel Everman
Training Administrator

Re: Stepping Down

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:04 am

words cannot describe the sadness i am feeling so i drew a picture to express my emotions

Daniel Everman
ZLA Training Administrator

Eric Stearns
FAB Member

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:39 am

Thanks for almost 3 years of service as ATM...Enjoy retirement!

Chris Kelly
FAB Member

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:09 pm

The ZLA Staff to RJ Flow Program is in full effect. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks for everything Ethan! First one is on me when we finally get to catch up in NY.
Last edited by Chris Kelly on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Kelly
"Sir, standby means shut up..."

Troy Nakauchi
FAB Member

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Ethan,

Now this is a retirement party I didn't expect.

Thanks for being there as ATM. The facility has seen a lot of improvements during your time and it'll be sad to see you go.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Sincerely,

TN
Troy Notgonnaworkhere

Super Retired

Nick Christopher
Air Traffic Manager

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:58 pm

It certainly has been a good ride with you here. I’m sure you’ll really do well and enjoy the shiny jet driver life!
Nick Christopher
ZLA Air Traffic Manager

Joshua Borges
Mentor

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:47 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am very very sad.

But thank you for everything!!
Josh "JU" Borges | ZLA Mentor

Return to “ZLA Main Forum”