Notice The ZLA Forums are discontinued and kept in a locked state for archival purposes. New accounts, posts, and replies cannot be created, but you may sign into your existing account if you wish.
Ryan Guffey

Hey fellow aviation buffs and friends

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:32 am

Hey guys!

Just checking in wanting to let everyone know I'm doing great. I've got to say a couple things on Facebook to a couple people since I graduated basic. I graduated basic Nov 26th as an Airman First Class (guess those three years of college paid off haha). I'm about to start my 3rd week of Security Forces Tech school. So far it's pretty fun. I am at CATM right now which is basically learning and firing the weapons we use in the Air Force SF. I shot expert with all 3 weapons I've shot so far the M16A2, M4 carbine, and M9 beretta, so my marksman ribbon gets a nice little bronze service star. This week I shoot the M203, M249 SAW and M240B. After CATM is law enforcement which I'm excited about. Also I received my orders and I'll be heading to Germany in April so I need to get on that Rosetta stone ;). Hopefully it won't hinder my controlling at ZLA. I'll have to see how the Internet works over there price wise etc. Well I gotta go do a PT test, I'll try and update some here when I can. I'm on Facebook so if you have questions that I can legally answer than hit me up.

Steve Ruiz

Re: Hey fellow aviation buffs and friends

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:51 am

Congrats!

Internet service in Germany has caught up pretty quickly, and most of the airbases you would likely be assigned to are in larger cities so it shouldn't be too tough.
10 years ago, I was able to get setup with an ISDN line without any issues and would regularly fly into the night with the folks on Vatsim.

(P.S. Get ready for the 240B. It fires fast! :) )
Steve Ruiz
C-3/LA ARTCC

Keep the blue part on top...

Ian Elchitz
Retired ATM - FAB Member

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:35 am

Ryan - great to hear things are going well for you.

If you scored expert with those weapons - then perhaps you weren't hacking after all ;)

Keep in touch - we miss you.

Ian.
Ian Elchitz

Kevin Meyers

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:29 am

Great to hear from you RG! Please continue to stay safe wherever you end up, and thank you for your service. It's the brave men and women like you that keep our country's freedom in tact.

We all miss you
-Kevin Meyers
ZLA_KC
Graduate of ZLA Pilot Certification Program

Tom Solon
FAB Member

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Guff. Expert shooter? Yeah right! Let me know when you get your Intervention ribbon, then we'll talk. :mrgreen:

We miss you and glad you're well. Deutscheland is absolutely lovely. The beers... omg... the beers. :shock:

Return to “Off-Topic Forum”