Tim Roden
Webmaster / Staff Instructor
VATSIM CID: 1206494

ZLA Info Tool 2.0 Released!

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:34 pm

All,

Over the past couple of weeks I have rewritten the ZLA Info Tool from the ground up so that current data can be displayed in the application. It also uses a more standard method of data storage, and will allow users to use search functionality much faster than previously.

If you have any ideas for new features or any airports/airlines/etc. that you think should be added, please post below or email me: [email protected]

Here is a link to download the setup for the new Info Tool: ZLAInfoToolSetup.exe

Note: if you get a popup that says "Windows protected your PC", it may be necessary to click More Info > Run Anyway to get the installer to run and to run the application for the first time.

Note: The old version of the info tool (created by WX) must be uninstalled manually if you no longer require it

Bradley Grafelman

Re: ZLA Info Tool 2.0 Released!

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:38 pm

For Aircraft Types, do you have plans to indicate the weight class (at least for heavies and above)?

Tim Roden

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:40 pm

For Aircraft Types, do you have plans to indicate the weight class (at least for heavies and above)?
For sure, I will include a column after the TEC Class column
ZLA's Resident Canadian™ :flags-canada:

Staff Instructor | Is this the workout room?

Bradley Grafelman

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:43 pm

Well in that case, it's almost flawless.

Just add a one-click solution to clear everyone for the ILS Rwy 25L and I'd say you've got an excellent product.

Nick Christopher
Event Coordinator / Mentor

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Sweet!

Steven Caffey
FAB Member

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:23 am

I'm getting a network error trying to download on multiple browsers
Steven Caffey (SY)

"A mile of highway gets you one mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere."

"Airspeed, altitude, and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."

Matthew Kramer
VATSIM CID: 845421

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:57 am

I had to uninstall the original tool and restart the PC to install 2.0.

Tim Roden

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Hey Caffey, let me know if you still have this issue after uninstalling the old app. I had no problems with both of them installed but it could be an issue on your end.

-Tim

questoki
VATSIM CID: 1400620

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:01 am

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered the following error and find out if there is a work around.

When the search box on the Aircraft tab receives focus, I get an error alert. The text of the alert reads: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." During installation, I received the following error alert: "Could not find file 'C:\Users\johnd\AppData\Roaming\ZLAInfoTool\aircraft.json.'"

-JD

Tim Roden

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered the following error and find out if there is a work around.

When the search box on the Aircraft tab receives focus, I get an error alert. The text of the alert reads: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." During installation, I received the following error alert: "Could not find file 'C:\Users\johnd\AppData\Roaming\ZLAInfoTool\aircraft.json.'"

-JD
Hi JD,

Not sure what exactly the issue is, but it seems like the files are not being created, likely due to a permissions issue. I have rolled out an update which will hopefully fix the error. Please update and attempt to run the application. If it gives you an error try to run as admin, and if it persists even then please let me know - you can email me: [email protected]

questoki
VATSIM CID: 1400620

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi JD,

Not sure what exactly the issue is, but it seems like the files are not being created, likely due to a permissions issue. I have rolled out an update which will hopefully fix the error. Please update and attempt to run the application. If it gives you an error try to run as admin, and if it persists even then please let me know - you can email me: [email protected]
Wilco

Steven Caffey
FAB Member

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:32 am

Hey Caffey, let me know if you still have this issue after uninstalling the old app. I had no problems with both of them installed but it could be an issue on your end.

-Tim
It worked now, thanks Tim
Steven Caffey (SY)

"A mile of highway gets you one mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere."

"Airspeed, altitude, and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."

Return to “ZLA Main Forum”