Notice The ZLA Forums are discontinued and kept in a locked state for archival purposes. New accounts, posts, and replies cannot be created, but you may sign into your existing account if you wish.
Colin Levy
VATSIM CID: 976130

Another flight planning challenge?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Hey everyone. Haven't seen a post in here in a long time.

Years back Peter Grey introduced a flight planning challenge here on the forums and a few guys participated in it over a span of a few months. I am sure the the older controllers remember, though for anyone who was not around, here is the link http://laartcc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have been doing a lot of GA flying lately, and was looking back at it and thinking about possibly getting together a new one flight planning challenge. Update the fields, challenges, rules, etc (maybe PG can give some pointers).

Would anyone be interested in participating?
Colin Levy
[email protected]
Staff Instructor

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots. However, there are no old, bold pilots

Richard Gerrish

Re: Another flight planning challenge?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:03 am

I remember see that, and also did a few of those in College. they're a real riot when you get a bunch of people together
Rich Gerrish
Developer, STM Applications Group
Where are we today?

Amrit Ayalur

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:35 pm

This sounds pretty fun, but do we need to account for fuel/hotel room costs?

Peter Grey

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:43 pm

I can't run this due to time constraints but I can answer specific questions about the process or suggest airports, challenges, rules, etc.
Peter Grey
Instructor - ZLA
N31ER
"Nice Landing, Contact ground point 5"

Return to “ZLA VFR Flying Club”