Notice The ZLA Forums are discontinued and kept in a locked state for archival purposes. New accounts, posts, and replies cannot be created, but you may sign into your existing account if you wish.
Richard Gerrish

Re: FSEconomy Users

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:29 pm

hmmm I managed to sign up and log in but cant post. shout if you need a hand I enjoy making forums work
Rich Gerrish
Developer, STM Applications Group
Where are we today?

Bill Denny

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:39 pm

Richard,

I just made a test post, it worked for me.
I went through the boards' settings, made sure that they all were not restricted from posting and ensured that registered members were allowed to post. Let me know what I can do to help you help me.

Bill

*EDIT*

It's 1:30am my time, I'm hitting the sack, I'll catch up with you Richard in the morning, or at least much later in the morning.
Bill "DY" Denny
N690GK!!

David Brewer

Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:41 pm

Extremely interesting thread.
I take it you don't "FSEcon" ...

s'ok we still luv u :P
N22DB

Ian Elchitz
Retired ATM - FAB Member

Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Extremely interesting thread.
I take it you don't "FSEcon" ...

s'ok we still luv u :P
Not Yet ;)

I've done a lot of reading. As soon as I get activated to use the socal aircraft I'll give her a stab. I suppose I need to do that I11 now.
Ian Elchitz

David Brewer

Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Tell me about it.

Had been watching for CTR to be online to get I-9 done...
Caught Shez on last night, but flew the wrong plane, apparently... cuz it didn't hold the flight path on the RIIVR2 very well... wound up 4NM south of course and blew it... descent was pretty good tho, until the switch to the approach... but I knew it was no-go by then >.<

Next time, stock plane... no add-on stuff so I know how it'll react.
I-10 and 11 shouldn't be so hard... don't need CTR, just APP - in far out places -.-;;
Last edited by David Brewer on Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N22DB

David Brewer

Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Not Yet ;)

I've done a lot of reading. As soon as I get activated to use the socal aircraft I'll give her a stab. I suppose I need to do that I11 now.
Do you already have the FSEcon account stuff set up?
Bill just needs to invite you to the groups to allow you to fly SoCal Airways' planes on FSE. - which groups he invites to is the only thing the ratings affect... if you're ready for I-11, you'll get both Low and Medium Performance Fleet invites... I-11 is just for the High Perf and "Special" aircraft.
N22DB

Bill Denny

Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:00 pm

I-11 is just for the High Perf and "Special" aircraft.
Actually, I removed the Specialty Fleet, as the need for this group won't be realized for quite some time.
Bill "DY" Denny
N690GK!!

Ian Elchitz
Retired ATM - FAB Member

Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:18 pm

So it looks like the Cheyenne is my only option at medium performance.

Question for the XPlane guys out there - what cheyenne are you using and what do I need to for it to be properly configured for FSE?
Ian Elchitz

Bill Denny

Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:33 pm

Hey Ian,

What's wrong with the C208?
Bill "DY" Denny
N690GK!!

Colin Levy
VATSIM CID: 976130

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Does it mater weather I fly the flight for Socal Airways or Socal Airways (Low Performance Fleet)? Will the money all go to the same place?
Colin Levy
[email protected]
Staff Instructor

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots. However, there are no old, bold pilots

Steven Caffey
FAB Member

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:33 pm

Does it mater weather I fly the flight for Socal Airways or Socal Airways (Low Performance Fleet)? Will the money all go to the same place?
You want "SoCal Airways" for the "Fly for group" option. the "Low/Medium" stuff is just to manage which of our planes you can fly based on Pilot Cert rating.
Steven Caffey (SY)

David Brewer

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:37 pm

Ah yes I guess it would. Like taking money out of one pocket and putting it in the other.

In theory anything that's for SoCal Airways as a group, including all the (___ Fleet) groups are "us."
Bill has the group's ownership, so in the end it really would only matter much to him... but I also have some groups and understand the back-end workings... so he's ABLE to move the money from one pcoket to another, it's just extra work that way.

All flight assignments will be set up/stored under the main group, nothing in parenthesis, which means the rental costs (if any - not so much now we're getting more planes), fueling, FBO fees, etc are charged to the main group, so all assignments should be flown for it as well, to balance it all out. What money the fleet groups need shouldn't be much at all, they don't really have a need for income, just large transfers when ready to purchase new a/c
N22DB

Bill Denny

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:40 am

so he's ABLE to move the money from one pcoket to another, it's just extra work that way.
Exactly, and we wouldn't want me doing more work than absolutely necessary, now would we? :D

Really though, the big reason for flying for the main group so the flight log has all our flights in one place instead of searching through four groups to see them all.

Bill
Bill "DY" Denny
N690GK!!

Mick Peters

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:23 pm

Hey y'all.
Not sure how I missed this one. Let's see, a group thing involving Wayne and Shawn...sounds like trouble to me. At least BR isn't here...is he? {quickly looks behind to make sure he's not lurking in the shadows].

I'd looked at FSE before but never quite got there...this soulds like fun, esp since I just got fully checked out on the DA Cheyenne (and only crashed once, so don't worry).
http://www.laartcc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13019
BTW, the Trimble GPS is cool, but you do really need to download the real manual. You can replace it with the default GPS - I've seen posts on the topic on their forum - but where's the fun in that? Moving maps are for sissies.

Wayne, does FSE give you any assignments like this one? Those were the days...
http://www.laartcc.org/forums/viewtopic ... ina#p58948

So, room for one more? *Puffs out chest*...I do have my I11.

Bill Denny

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:47 pm

So, room for one more? *Puffs out chest*...I do have my I11.
Always room for one more! We have a Cessna 208 to pay of anyways, the more the merrier.
Just join FSE, and send me a PM (6Pack) on the group forum, which is http://www.socalairways.proboards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. (Yes, I am trying to shift the group discussions to our own stomping ground rather than keep dragging this one thread through the dirt.)

Once I receive your PM, I'll invite you to the appropriate fleet groups (You're at I11, so you get to play with all the toys) and you're free to start flying.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bill
Bill "DY" Denny
N690GK!!

Return to “ZLA VFR Flying Club”