Notice The ZLA Forums are discontinued and kept in a locked state for archival purposes. New accounts, posts, and replies cannot be created, but you may sign into your existing account if you wish.

Our First Flight Lesson.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:09 am

A good few of you know Melinda and I from around ZLA's airspace. I have always been a huge aviation person and since meeting Melinda she has become one as well. Since climbing into the virtual cockpit she has gotten hooked on FS so I decided to throw her in a real cockpit for a discovery flight coming out of JEFFCO here in Colorado to see what she thinks. Needless to say we'll both be going after our PPL together and while on vacation she said " I could so see us buying a plane before the house. "

Just thought I would share. If you see her online flying under the " Redwood " callsign tell her hello and congrats on her first flight!

Sincerely,
Lloyd O Boyette

Good things come to those who wait, but only things left by those who hustle.

Keith Smith

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:08 am

That's awesome, Lloyd. It's great to see new ppl getting into flying. Believe me, it's not often you find a significant other who is interested in taking the plunge.
KS Flight Log - VATSIM thoughts
Blogging: never before have so many people, with so little to say, said so much to so few. -- despair.com

Wade Williams
Mentor

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:12 am

Excellent Lloyd! I've controlled Melinda a few times and she's always done an excellent job.

Now you just got to get her controlling. :)

Ian Elchitz
Retired ATM - FAB Member

Re: Our First Flight Lesson.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:05 am

she said " I could so see us buying a plane before the house. "
If you don't marry her, I will.

I can't imagine how much fun that would be - flying virtual and real with a significant other. Please let us know how the training goes - the possibilities of studying together should provide a lot of great opportunities for fun.
Ian Elchitz

Return to “ZLA VFR Flying Club”